I have to go out of town for a couple weeks with work. I doubt I will get a chance to play WAR while I am away and therefore won’t have much to write about here. Hopefully I will be able to survive the time away and patch 1.0.5 will be live once I get back.
Archive for November, 2008
Patch notes are up for 1.0.5 and here are the current zealot specific changes:
- Endless Gifts: This ability will no longer affect Winds of Insanity.
- Boon of Tzeentch: The damage of this ability has increased.
- Dark Medicine: The stat contribution for this ability has been fixed; it was previously receiving more stat benefits than intended.
- Manipulation: This ability will no longer trigger if the target of the heal is already at full health.
- Mark of Remaking: This ability will now be affected by the anti-resurrection aura.
- Warp Reality: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.
- Demon Spittle: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been decreased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.
- Tzeentch’s Lash: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been slightly increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.
- Wind of Insanity: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.
- Vortex: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.
- Spell Destroyer: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make it consistent with other damage over time abilities.
- Mark of Daemonic Fury: This ability now also increases the target’s Ballistic Skill.
- Tzeentch’s Cordial: The duration of this ability has been increased to 24 seconds, and the overall amount healed over this duration remains the same.
All DoT abilities got a slight item stat contribution buff except Demon Spittle. This will help out with soloing but isn’t a big issue as far as I am concerned.
Our main HoT Tzeentch’s Cordial has had its duration increased from 15 sec to 24 sec, reducing the healing for each tick. Dark Medicine has had its stat contribution reduced to bring it more into line with our other spells.
All other DoTs in the game are being rebalanced to provide a slight increase in damage due to stat contribution. This increase in damage combined with the reduction in healing from the HoTs will make life as a healer a little more difficult as already mentioned by Regis and Spinks.
Thankfully a few vocal healers have jumped on the IGN forums and highlighted their concerns and Mark Jacobs has responded with this comment:
Just so you know, in the last 24 hours I’ve had two major conversations about healers. The first one revolves around a change to the scenario scoring system to better reward healers for their contributions. The second was around the patch notes. The team knows how important healers are to the game’s success and as we prep for 1.0.5 and put it up on the PTS, healers will be focused on to ensure that when the patch goes LIVE, that they have what they need to succeed either as pure healers and/or hybrids.
This was followed by these changes expected to be implemented on the PTS prior to it opening:
d) For our healers, we are looking at making the following changes:
Long Cast Big heals go from 3s cast to 2.5s cast
Interrupt / setback value on long heals is reduced by 50%
Divine Strike and Rend soul will now heal for 350% damage dealt instead of 250%
Like the IBs, this is just part of an ongoing process. As I said yesterday, the team will continue to look very carefully at the healers on the PTS and if more changes need to be made, we’ll make them.
While I am glad they will monitor how healers go on the PTS, I am not sure that the changes to the long cast time spells will make that much of a difference. I intend on trying out the changes when the PTS comes up so I will pass on my thoughts once I have played around with things a bit there. Mythic seem to be responding well to the feedback so far despite what intially seemed like a kick in the teeth for healers.
I haven’t had much to say here because I have been out of town and my game time has been limited. I did manage to get around 3-4 hours play during the Witching Night event but as Syp mentioned pretty much everyone has already covered that in detail.
One thing I will mention however is that I was a little disappointed that the item rewards were a cloak and mask. I just don’t see the point in rewards that I am not going to use at all. I would prefer that Mythic did something with either the dye or trophy system or maybe provided a nice achievement I could put in my bragging rights to indicate I had participated in the event rather than a cloak and mask that I would only wear around IC if I remembered to actually equip them. I did see in their announcement for the Heavy Metal live event that they would provide a trophy as a reward for the first level of influence which I think is a good move, unfortunately I will be out of town again for all bar 3 days of that event.
On a happy note, the Witching Night influence grind wasn’t too bad and the elite reward mask was BoE so my bank alt has a nice new mask to wear around IC. I also noticed that the first level reward potion that gives you the title is not bound so I have mailed it around to my alts so they all have access to “The Spooky” title. It seems mailing the potion resets the use count as well.